Moonlit-ShadowMoonlit-Shadow

Main Audio Favorites Reviews Stats

Xombie: Chapter 9 Xombie: Chapter 9

You've heard all the critisism...

...way too short, you sold out, series is declining, very rushed, giant commercial, etc. You've heard all that already.

However, I think I should say that after starting Ep. 9, I closed out before it got too much into the story, and re-watched Ep 8, thinking (and HOPEING) I missed something. In short, I was dissappointed before I really started watching Ep. 9.

I love this series, really I do. Enough to want to buy the book. If I had found out about it on my own, and the series continued on WITHOUT all the crazy changes, I'd have begged my pops for it.

But, come on, Zoe has an exploding Teddy Bear and an eyepatch (for an injury, I assume) that was never explained in the flash series (which, by the way, is where your whole fanbase (or former fan-base, in some cases) COMES FROM).

I really wouldn't mind the shorter episodes if there was more story and less action. Not everyone here is blood-thirsty for some killing. Example: Nephtis' 5 second flashback could have been expanded, at least a little bit. And another: another flashback showing Zoe remembering about the bear's super action exploding capabilities.

Also, Zoe has NO CLUE who her parents were, etc. Nothing up to this point, but suddenly "OH WAIT! My Teddy Bear explodes..." It's just kinda funny (but not in a good way).

Then, you have this giant advertisement at the end for The Book. I don't think I need to explain how wrong that felt. But I'll say this: you could have gone about it a lot better. Example: coulda kept going with the storyline the way it was, before The Book. No exploding Teddy, no eyepatch. End the series, THEN tell people about the book. Say that the book has a thicker plotline, etc. It's different, not the exact same thing as the flash series. But INSTEAD, you changed a whole bunch of stuff, and told us to buy the book to find out why.

Conclusion, I MIGHT still buy the book. But it's far from first on the list. God of War 2, Eragon DVD, new Wii game to buy. Not to mention any cool stuff coming out between now and the time my little wish-list is complete.

Lots of people find this review helpful!

the True MapleStory the True MapleStory

Agreed. Series.

Definatly series potential. I used to play MS too (before the high lvl 20 grind...I've got low patience for that stuff).

I'm Afraid of Butterflies I'm Afraid of Butterflies

Good flash.

Kinda confused me the first time through, but I got it the second time around. It's interesting for sure. Though the first time I didn't know there was something after the credits, I saw it the second time.

It is missing something though (and not just better voice acting), I just can't quite place my finger on it.

Streamline Streamline

Fantastic game!

It's deserving of a sequel. The game was hard, but not so much as to be frustrating. It took me 4-5 tries to finish all the way through.

Sound gets an 8 because of the extremly screechy beginning, but it's not all that bad, really. Turning the sound down a bit solves that.

BTW, what was the name of that song?

Gamma Bros Gamma Bros

Addictive as hell...

Great game! It's very Atari-like, and since those games rarly had much of a story, this game doesn't need one either. Kinda like Robotron, kinda like Galaga. Nice mix there.

It's pretty tough too, or I just suck. Got up to the second boss, and died there twice.

I'm gonna keep playing this though. Soooo addicting...

I did notice that at the beginning there are two other ships that are unused. Is there anyway to get those, or are they just kinda...there?

Great job!

pixeljamgames responds:

Thansk! The two other ships in the hangar belong to the little orange space merchant that sells you upgrades. He uses the small one to bring you items. He was going to use the big one to haul your new ships out to you, but we ran out of time. This game was designed and built by 2 guys with hardly any money to work with. Mark DeNardo contributed greatly too, with the game's music and sound FX material. I'm so glad we managed to do as much as we did. If people can donate $$ we'll be able to do more..

Pico's School remake Pico's School remake

Great game!

You did a good job. Pico does run a tad slow, but that's not a huge deterrent, really. Something like this also would have been great if there were some enemies in the halls too.

Uber-Rave! Uber-Rave!

Awesome song!

I first heard the song on FFR, and fell in love with it. I never suspected its origin was here on NG.

Great job on this one! ^_^

GameCube Tech Know GameCube Tech Know

pretty good!

It's sound good music-wise, but quality-wise, it's pretty low. It would probably be a good idea to use a better mic for voice, although the whole thing sounds like it was recorded with a mic, and that's not a good thing really.

ChrisHedgie responds:

Yeah, I do have a pretty good mic, but I currently don't have a direct input line from my mixers and keyboard, so the mic is the only way to record.

Thanks though!

Feral Blade - Neverland Feral Blade - Neverland

Awesome, but please finish!

I know you're probably tired of hearing this, but please give it an ending, not just a sudden cut-off. And if it's any testament as to how awesome this song is, I just saw to remixes of it in the portal (both blew in comparison IMO).

Love the synth and the voice. Fantastic job! (but dear God finish it! T_T )

Feral-Fox responds:

Lol nice. Thank you. You think mine is better, naww i like the others on NG mine isent good, plus i never finished it like you mentioned, but I should try. This song sucked the life out of my pc and i have to export it just to listen to it lol. Thanks for the score and stuff. I will Think about finishing someday lol.